When Santa Cruz introduced the Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.
Complete bikes available in both Alloy, Carbon C and Carbon CC.
Contact Bespoke Cycles for full build options and prices.
Brand: Santa Cruz
Type: Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
Size Inch: 18"
Riding Style: Enduro
Wheel Size: 27.5"
Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle
Item condition: New
- Frame Features
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- 150mm (6") VPP™ suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Direct mount rear derailleur option